Monday, April 25, 2011

Is Fear Holding You Back?

Are you living your life to the greatest possible intent? Are you pursuing God's plan for your life in such a way that you know that you will succeed? Are you taking risk and putting yourself out there knowing that with God all things truly are possible.

Maybe you are procrastinating, afraid to move forward because you fear failure, fear what others may say. Or perhaps you fear that God will not do what He said He would do for you.

These are the very thoughts that I find myself pondering over these past few weeks. Will God really do what I heard Him speak into my life. Is He setting me up to go through more challenges and trials. Am I willing to risk all that He has invested in my life. Am I willing to sink all of my resources, my money, my time, and my name, to step out in faith? Hmmm.

Some people may say, or course I will put my faith in God and trust His  plan. So do I, almost all the time. I tell others to trust God, He will never let you down. However, sometimes God will put us to a test that is easier said than done. He will entrust to us His resources and come back to see how we fared.

In the book of Mathew,  the master gave talents to His servants, entrusting them to their care. One day He came back to see if they were being responsible for putting His talents to use. What is discovered in that teaching, is that the two servants who knew their master, how He worked, what He expected of them, where able to continue to be productive even while He was not there to tell them what to do. The third servant felt His master was a harsh wicked man for prospering beyond what He sowed.

So, I have to really examine my thoughts and action. Do I really trust God, and His plan for my life. Am I willing to put everything on the line, knowing full well how He works. He is not some harsh wicked God who will set me up to fail. Sure He reaps where He does not sow. But He does it to show me what to expect.

If I am faithful and willing to work with what God has entrusted to me, take calculated risk, His desire is to give me more, not take away my investments.  As I write these words, the Spirit of God is confirming my thoughts. My God is a faithful and just master. His desires to share the joy which He has, to share His good fortune.

What about you are you willing to be faithful and trustworthy so that you too can enter into the joy and abundance that God desires to give to His servants. I encourage you to continue in faith, continue in your calling(work, ministry, business). God desires to bless you, He is just and giving. His rewards those who are faithful, and trustworthy to what He has given them.

No comments:

Post a Comment