Saturday, May 18, 2013

Defining Happiness


Are your happy with your life? Do you know what it will take to make you happy? I used to think happiness was about having it "ALL". What I have come to realize is that I do not want "ALL", in terms of what other people says a woman should have, do, or become.  For instance, I do not have biological children because for whatever reason, God did not open that door for me, but in spite of that, I am extremely happy. I do not drive the car that successful people have deemed the "must have" vehicle. Not because I can't afford it, but because I have not desired it up to this point. However, I am still happy. I am not self-employed yet, because I made the conscious choice to put that dream on hold while I earn my degree, yet I am happy. There are so many unmet goals yet to achieve and I am not yet wealthy the way I desire to be however, knowing that I have the power to pursue and obtain "ALL" that God has predestined for me brings me so much joy. I have learned that happiness is a mixture of my relationships, my inner power and my pursuit of the dreams and desires God has placed within my heart.
 
I challenge you to take a moment today to discover what makes you happy. How will you know when your are living a successful life. Define happiness and success on your own terms. Take advantage of your God-given ability to discover and own your power to choose the direction of your life, decide the path of your future, and live the life of your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment