Sunday, May 8, 2011

Get Inspired






Sometimes a getaway is exactly what you need to get your creative juices going and implement a task or two. My husband recommended that I take a drive home to visit my family for Mother's Day weekend. I know he suggested it because I had gotten into a funk around the house. I was mopey, discouraged, and not so positive.

I got a hotel room. Early this morning I was up with a cup of Starbucks coffee. I opened my lap top and started writing. I was so motivated to write. Things were really coming together. I got more done in this three hours than I have in the past two months. I read a blog a few months ago recommending ways to get in the mood for writing. Getting away from your home was a suggestion. I think I will incorporate this into my routine more often.

Get yourself inspired, get out of the house. Change your routine. Listen to the advice of others. Most important don't wast valuable time mopping around the house when things are not going as expected. Do something different, do something to change your environment. It really helped me. Hoping it will help you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment