Friday, June 3, 2011

Success in Everyday Life

Today I had a wonderful epiphany, I was driving on the highway, headed to a meeting. I felt the presence of God so strongly. I could hear this inner voice saying to me you are in purpose.

 I began to sing along with the inspirational music playing in the background. Again I could hear this voice saying everyday that you are in purpose you are succeeding in life.

I began to ponder what I was hearing, when again I heard this voice say, empowering others to succeed in everyday life. That's when I got it. I suddenly realized that I was exactly were I was suppose to be in life. I had spent so much time trying to achieve my dreams that I lost my vision. My purpose in life is to be led by the spirit and live a joyful, successful, and generous life and empower others to do the same.

Once I got to my meeting the receptionist there decided to keep me company as I waited on the person I was there to see. She began telling me different things about her life. We started discussing bedside manners and health care workers. She mentioned that I appeared to have those qualities. Without thinking I said, "Yea, that's one of my strongest strengths". That was major to me because I have always wondered and prayed about what my greatest strengths were.

My one-on-one encounters with people, encouraging them in faith, having compassion, and listening to their concerned are so second nature that I did not see it as anything significant. It's what I do, it's who I am. That's purpose. That's the meaning in my life. That's what gives me the greatest joy.

Being such a dreamer has almost caused me to lose my vision. At the same token, having my vision restored has clarified the dream. I am living my dream. I am enjoying the sweet aroma of everyday success in life.

My advise to you today. Take time to listen to the sound of the music, sing along with the tunes. Pay attention to the words others speak to you today. "Sufficient is today for every desire of your heart".

No comments:

Post a Comment